The Asheville Downtown Association is working hard to keep up with the constantly changing information and resources surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Please be sure to get your information from reputable sources.
One Buncombe Fund
Last week, through a partnership with Buncombe County, the City of Asheville, the Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce and other supporters, the One Buncombe Fund was launched. This fund is offering low-interest bridge loans to small businesses to provide quick access to funding for immediate needs. The One Buncombe Fund also provides assistance to individuals who have lost employment due to COVID-19 to assist with expenses like utility payments and mortgages. Applications are available now, at onebuncombe.org.
Federal Stimulus Packages
Resources for Small Businesses
Ways to Support Small Businesses During the Pandemic
• Buy a gift card to your favorite business to use at a later date. Visit AshevilleStrong.com, a local directory of businesses offering gift cards.
• Shop online. Many of your favorite businesses have added online shopping and can deliver or are offering curbside pickup options.
• Order takeout from your favorite restaurant. Also, many breweries and craft beverage makers are offering online sales and pickup or delivery options. Don't forget to leave a generous tip if you're able.
• Virtually tip a laid-off restaurant or bar employee. The site cycles through employees who need your support.
• IamAVL.com started a musician’s relief fund for area artists. Make a general donation or direct your support to your favorite local musician.