The Asheville Downtown Association is seeking an Event Manager. Events include: Downtown After 5, the Pritchard Park Summer Series, the Independence Day Celebration, Speaker Series, Oktoberfest, Annual Membership Meeting, State of Downtown Luncheon, the Asheville Holiday Parade and others as assigned.
• Submit all necessary permit applications and relevant supplemental documents in a timely manner, and coordinate with city/county departments to schedule required inspections
• Create setup plans and maps for all events
• Manage vendor and service provider coordination including applications, obtaining proper documentation (certificates of insurance, health department certificates and inspections), identifying set up needs and ensure compliance, and tracking receivables and payables
• Draft and execute marketing plans for all events
• Prepare post-event reports for strategic partners
• Develop survey programs for event attendees, vendors/service providers and businesses within event footprint to get an understanding of demographics and business impact
• Develop new events in conjunction with the Executive Director and Events Committee
• Recruit new sponsors for ADA events and programs to meet budgetary goals
• Retain current sponsors through sponsor relationships and activation
• Manage and grow relationships with in-kind sponsors, including media partners
• Develop benefits packages and draft contracts to meet sponsor’s marketing goals
• Maximize the sponsor’s return on investment through sponsor recognition, post-event follow up and satisfaction surveying
• Recruit and retain volunteers for all ADA events, develop programs to attract new volunteers and volunteer groups
• Develop volunteer staffing plans and track attendance for each event
• Build and maintain volunteer database
• Establish and maintain reward system for volunteers to prevent turnover
• Coordinate Volunteer Orientation and Appreciation events and activities
**The Asheville Downtown Association is a small two-person office. The person who fills this role will be expected to perform office tasks including, but not limited to, answering phone calls, responding to emails, providing information to walk-in guests, assisting with meetings, maintaining office equipment and supplies and other duties as assigned.
This position requires weekend and holiday work. Event days can be 16+ hours.
The Asheville Downtown Association is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged.
Compensation: $42,000-45,000 (dependent on experience) with health benefits including vision and dental, paid time off, 13 holidays per year, potential for flexible scheduling
Submit both a cover letter and resume to Meghan Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday, February 4, 2022.