Governor Roy Cooper announced new Covid-19 restrictions on Dec. 8. These include begin Dec. 11 and include:
- Statewide Stay at Home Order from 10pm – 5am with exceptions for essential workers and essential travel
- Onsite alcohol sales must end at 9pm, restaurants to close for dine-in service at 10pm, but may continue to serve takeout and delivery after 10pm
- Retail businesses selling groceries, medication, fuel, or health care supplies may remain open after 10pm
- No change in capacity limits or gatherings at this time
- Mandate for face coverings in businesses and settings where social distancing is not possible remains in place.