Tribute Companies is requesting Artist Qualifications for a permanent art mural(s) for their mixed-use development, The Ironwood, located on Asheland/Coxe Avenue in downtown Asheville.
Tribute Companies seeks an artist/artist team to create a permanent art mural(s) for their mixed-use development, The Ironwood, located on Asheland/Coxe Avenue just south of downtown Asheville’s Central Business District. The mural(s) will be installed along the eastern facing façade of a five and a half story parking garage. The work will consist of 6 separate sections ranging in size from approximately 2,300 sf to 1,012 sf per section.
The east elevation shows the project area with mural section dimensions. Please note the largest 2,300 sf section is divided into 2 smaller 1,150 sf sections. The shown north elevation is not included in the project area.
This artwork should do the following:
● Create excitement and interest for the area.
● Honor the diversity of Asheville’s Southside community.
● Celebrate the vital role of African American history and culture in Asheville.
● Connect visually to the site through interpretation of historical and cultural aspects.
● Be durable, low maintenance, and appropriate to the location.Integral to creating this artwork(s), is the artists’ willingness to learn about the community and have a dialogue with interested community members to help inspire and guide content creation. A range of materials/applications will be considered, including painted murals and digitally printed murals. If digital, the work must be vector based, printable, and scalable to the site specifications.